Drawing with your sewing machine
Suitable for teaching at Key stage 4 and above
Cost for you to visit me per person (3 people max)£180
Cost for you to visit me (3 people max)
This workshop shows you how to draw with your sewing machine to create a range of colourful and textural effects.
- Understand how to prepare fabrics and a sewing machine for free
- Experiment with different ways to add colour to your images: threads, paints, appliqué, whip stitch, cording, couching and cutwork.
- Study a range of samples and observe a number of demonstrations for inspiration and understanding.
- Study contemporary artists’ work that links to the techniques covered.
- Understand health and safety issues when free machining.
- Receive a set of handouts to support your day’s learning.
- You may use one of my Bernina sewing machines for the day, or bring your own (as long as it has the facility to do free machining, i.e. drop the feed dog).
Materials & Equipment
- For workshops held in my studio The cost covers all materials and use of my equipment.
All the work on this website has been created either by myself or art teachers and students under my tuition.