Print and Stitch
Suitable for teaching at Key stage 4 and above
Cost for you to visit me per person (3 people max)£340
Cost for you to visit me (3 people max)
This workshop shows you how to print on fabric and combine with free machine embroidery and hand stitching for rich colour, pattern and texture.
- Create a range of prints on fabric using collagraph, mono and lino printing techniques.
- Understand how to set up equipment for printing and free machining (printing press and sewing machine).
- Create a set of embellished prints. Textile techniques will include basic free machining, cording, whip stitch and appliqué.
- Study a range of samples and observe a number of demonstrations for inspiration and understanding.
- Study contemporary artists’ work that links to the techniques covered.
- Understand health and safety issues when printing and free machining and hand stitching.
- Receive a set of handouts to support your day’s learning.
Materials & Equipment
- For workshops held in my studio The cost covers all materials and use of my equipment.
All the work on this website has been created either by myself or art teachers and students under my tuition.